To sum up completely how bad my allergies ended up out of whack, I will tell you a story about my bike ride home.
I was biking from the boma to my house. Not five minutes into the ride my eyes start to burn. Its fairly normal for my eyes to water as I bike, because I have n sunglasses. But this day, it was like a never ending torrent of tears. By the time I got home my eyes were on fire. I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped in shock.
My face was covered in road dust. Two muddy tracks started from my eyes and spider-webbed back to my hairline. My eyes were on fire. Looking in my mirror, my eyes were bright red, completely bright red. Let me tell you, there is nothing stranger than looking in the mirror and seeing no whites to your eyes!
The redness went away in a few hours and so did the burning. But needless to say next time I went to Lilongwe I upgraded my allergy control... unfortunately this means a lovely nasal spray!
Welcome
Another Change of Plans
KALIBU! (Welcome)
This blog was started to record my adventures in the Peace Corps as a 2-year environment volunteer. During that time I was stationed in Malawi but I had fun encounters in Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia and Turkey. From there this blog has spiraled into a pure Adventure Blog, with stories from my Service in Americorps NCCC, travelling and working around America as well as my experience teaching Disney English in China. Now I'm also adding stories from my Peace Corps Response position in Micronesia!
KALIBU! (Welcome)
This blog was started to record my adventures in the Peace Corps as a 2-year environment volunteer. During that time I was stationed in Malawi but I had fun encounters in Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia and Turkey. From there this blog has spiraled into a pure Adventure Blog, with stories from my Service in Americorps NCCC, travelling and working around America as well as my experience teaching Disney English in China. Now I'm also adding stories from my Peace Corps Response position in Micronesia!
Thank you to everyone for having patience with my very sporadic posting :)
(Disclaimer: This blog does not reflect the opinions, goals or ideals of the United States Peace Corps, Americorps NCCC, FEMA Corps, Disney or any other organization. Content may not be suitable for young Children)
(Disclaimer: This blog does not reflect the opinions, goals or ideals of the United States Peace Corps, Americorps NCCC, FEMA Corps, Disney or any other organization. Content may not be suitable for young Children)
Sunrise Breakfast
The Mnuw in Colonia, Yap
No comments:
Post a Comment