I'm not sure if I ever explained the strange phenomenon which is African Women's Laughter. Alone their laughter is slightly more unique, more free and individualized...but together...
See African Women have this tendancy to laugh together, quite literally, the exact same laugh, same pitch same volume and same length. It's impossibe to convey in writing but I'll still try. It starts off like a normalish laugh, ending in a sigh/exclamation.
"HA HA HA followed by the literal pronunciation of A that fades away AAAaaaa.
Ot if they are shocked/scared/embaressed the A becomes and E.
Tehre is a whole level of communication consisting of just sounds.
E!!!! Is a sound of shock
eeh? That rises in pitch and volume as it is held mean what? or yes?
Ah! AH! AH! is something incredible or disbelieve. ot to be comfuised with Eh! Eh! Eh! which is softer and normally conveys some for of pity.
Oh Ho! is Oh really?
oooO (Again a rise in pitch) is an expression of oh, right or oh really? With more disbelief.
A(Literal) ya! is an agreement.
Ish is a surprised, pain, or grossed out not good sound.
Ah-Ah! is another unfortunate noise.
Harumph is an affirmation or scoff.
The list goes on to encompassed the amazonian african woman's cry to show great joy (Lolololololo!) Unique because instead of la(moing their tounge up and down), they wag it from side to side.
Welcome
Another Change of Plans
KALIBU! (Welcome)
This blog was started to record my adventures in the Peace Corps as a 2-year environment volunteer. During that time I was stationed in Malawi but I had fun encounters in Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia and Turkey. From there this blog has spiraled into a pure Adventure Blog, with stories from my Service in Americorps NCCC, travelling and working around America as well as my experience teaching Disney English in China. Now I'm also adding stories from my Peace Corps Response position in Micronesia!
KALIBU! (Welcome)
This blog was started to record my adventures in the Peace Corps as a 2-year environment volunteer. During that time I was stationed in Malawi but I had fun encounters in Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia and Turkey. From there this blog has spiraled into a pure Adventure Blog, with stories from my Service in Americorps NCCC, travelling and working around America as well as my experience teaching Disney English in China. Now I'm also adding stories from my Peace Corps Response position in Micronesia!
Thank you to everyone for having patience with my very sporadic posting :)
(Disclaimer: This blog does not reflect the opinions, goals or ideals of the United States Peace Corps, Americorps NCCC, FEMA Corps, Disney or any other organization. Content may not be suitable for young Children)
(Disclaimer: This blog does not reflect the opinions, goals or ideals of the United States Peace Corps, Americorps NCCC, FEMA Corps, Disney or any other organization. Content may not be suitable for young Children)
Sunrise Breakfast
The Mnuw in Colonia, Yap
No comments:
Post a Comment